This recipe is from Lion House (and yes it is their title ... including the "yummy").
2 C sugar
1/2 C butter
4 C grated apples (or 3 C applesauce)
2 C flour
2 t soda
1 t ground cinnamon
1/2 t ground nutmeg
1/4 t salt
1/2 C nuts
1 C butter
2 C sugar
1 C light cream
2 t vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together sugar and butter in a large bowl.
- Add eggs and beat until fluffy.
- Mix in apples, dry ingredients, spices, and nuts and pour into a greased and floured 9x13-inch pan.
- Bake 50 minutes.
- Pour Butter Sauce over cake and top each serving with whipped cream
I used applesauce.
I used pecans (because my neighbor gave us some fresh, home-grown, already shelled pecans!)
I used whole milk instead of light cream in the butter sauce.
I used ice cream on top instead of whipped cream.
Next time I am going to try using half the butter in the cake because it was plenty moist and I think it would still be great with half as much butter.