Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The Other Female

Phil has a new girlfriend. The thing is, I'm ok with it. She is very cute and I enjoy her company. It is actually quite fun to watch the way she looks at him and to hear her talk about him incessantly. So what's a wife to do?

This is a picture of her, Erin, at her 3rd Birthday party (Eden's first friend b'day party).

Erin is adorable, bright, articulate and self-admittedly in-love with my husband.
Monday she woke up and asked, "mommy, what is Phil's car named?" She spent a few hours with me that day and although Phil was at work, she talked about "Phillip" quite often. Last Thursday she was over in the evening and she and Phil watched Sponge Bob together. I was in the other room folding clothes. I heard her ask Phil where I was and then she entered the room and said, "I'm going to miss my mom soon." I asked her if that meant she wanted to go home and she said, "not yet, but soon." You know I loved that! What is not to love about a three year old who PLANS to get lonesome. Anyway, she is quite the cutie and she and her mom, Corrie, have been such great friends to Eden and I. So, I guess I can forgive her for being in love with my husband!

1 response(s):

Jodi said...

Well, that is what you get for marrying a rock star. First the Voice Male fans, now 3 year olds. I am envisioning your E-true Hollywood story. You know I was remembering some of my obsessive crushes at that age. I ran into my "Phillip" the other day. He is now a balding, slightly pudgey, bishop, but 32 years ago he was a dream boat that taught me how to make the stems of dandielions curl in water. Sigh!