Well, it was another chemo weekend. Phil seems to do better with each one. I just hope the poison is doing its job.
Good things about chemo weekends:
- I don't have to cook because Phil doesn't feel like eating much more than soda crackers and sports drinks after Friday and the RS brings dinner on Thursday night.
- Since I don't cook, I don't eat much so I usually lose a pound or two (and so far have kept it off).
- We can stop at Sam's Club on the way home from infusion in B'ham.
- We get to watch movies and not feel guilty about it. We have one more Lord of the Rings to go.
- Phil is home all weekend. Eden especially enjoys having him around. They are quite the pals. This weekend I was holding her and he left the room, as she watched him walk out she began to cry and continued until he came back into the room a minute or two later. What am I, chump change? I know, moms are boring because we're always around - dads are "special."
- I get to fulfill that life-long dream of being a nurse when I disconnect the pump and pull out the needle (ok, that is a total lie - never wanted to be a nurse).
- I get to see the cute UPS man when he comes to pick up the pump (ok, another lie, he isn't cute).
My brother got us tickets to fly to his house for Thanksgiving so we will be headed there. We are looking forward to getting away from it all and enjoying time with family. It will be nice for Phil to receive a blessing from my brothers (there are two of them who live there). Happy grateful day to everyone!