- Photos (or other pictures)
- Straight Edge (metal ruler)
- Utility Knife
- First Aid kit (keep it on hand for when you slice your finger using the utility knife)
- Vinyl Tile Scrap (you can usually purchase these at Lowe's or Home Depot)
- D Rings (you can get these at any sewing or craft center - like Hobby Lobby or Michaels)
- Adhesive (tape, glue gun, or whatever your adhesive of choice is)
- Sewing Machine, Thread, Scissors (or not, if you have another way to fuse two sides of ribbon together)
- (optional) Hair Dryer
1. Choose what kind of pictures you want and then take some photos (or cut out pictures from a magazine or whatever)
2. Measure your tile slightly smaller than your picture (like 1cm smaller on each side) and then cut it.
2a. Using your pencil, mark the tile on the paper (the stuff that covers the adhesive).
2b. You should cut it on the paper side as well. Use the straight edge and utility knife and make several slices along the same line until you have made it through enough that you can bend/break the rest of it in a straight line. (I just looked online for a good tutorial and didn't find one but I did read several places that indicated it helpful to heat your tile using a hair dryer - I haven't done it but you can certainly try it.)
3. Peel the paper from the tile and place your picture(s) on the adhesive side.
3a. Smooth the pictures so there are no bubbles.
3b. Use the utility knife to trim the pictures so that they are flush with your tile.
4. Decide how long you want your ribbon to be and cut it. You will be folding it over entirely so take that into consideration.
5. Loop the ribbon through the D ring and pin it like this:
6. Using your zipper foot, sew as close to the ring as you can get. If you don't like to sew, you can think of another way to enclose the D ring. Perhaps you could use fusing tape (Stitch Witchery) and iron the two pieces of ribbon together.
7. Adhere the ribbons to the backs of your tiles and hang. (I honestly used Scotch tape - several pieces - to do the job.)
8. Hang on a wall in whatever fashion you want.