We had this Monday night (with Pork Tenderloin - not to be confused with Pork Loin, silly) and it was quite good.
7 oz elbow macaroni (measure prior to cooking)
1/4 C butter
1/2 medium yellow onion (diced)
3 T flour
2 C milk
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 t salt
1/2 t pepper
2 t dry mustard
2 C cubed cheese (I used colby jack)
1 C fresh bread crumbs
2 T parsley (chopped)
- Cook the macaroni according to directions.
- In a medium saucepan, saute the onion in the butter.
- Add the flour to make a paste.
- Add milk and cream cheese and stir until smooth.
- Add salt, pepper, and dry mustard.
- Add cubed cheese and stir until smooth.
- Add the cooked macaroni and mix well.
- Pour into a small casserole (8x8) pan.
- Sprinkle the bread crumbs and parsley on top.
- Bake at 400 at 15-20 minutes.