Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Cheese!

If your cheese of choice looks like this:


move along, this post is not for you.


If your cheese drawer looks like this:


... don't waste your time with this post.



But,
if you buy pre-grated cheese (Mozzarella or cheddar) you might be interested in this little helpful hint.


Sam's Club has 5 pound bags (approximately 20 cups) of grated cheese for less than $9. This is a good deal folks. But I can hear you saying, "what am I going to do with all that grated cheese, it will go moldy before I can possibly use that much!"

My answer is this:
Buy qt. size freezer bags and then measure approximately 2 C into each bag (label and date the bag) and then throw it into your freezer/deep freeze. Then you just take out 2C each time you need it. It is a great way to add cheese to your rotating food supply. It is very economical.

Layne, if you kept reading, please don't think less of me now that you know I'm a cheese-meh.

2 response(s):

Layne said...

Oh, I didn't keep reading, because you told me not to!

And pre-grated cheese is a huge timesaver. It has its place. Just not parm.

LClark said...

Wonderful! Too bad I cancelled my Sam's Club membership last year...

Albertson's here had 1/2 pound of grated or block cheese last week for $1.50 too!