Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Missing You ... see you soon

I've been on a bit of a blogging vacay lately.

Stuff to do. Busy, busy, busy.

I'm a good starter, need to be a finisher.

Master (term used loosely) bathroom: patched, mudded, sanded, mudded, sanded, ceiling painted, walls are up next.

Prom dress: mock up done and it fit well (relief), skirt sewn together, bodice and sleeves are in progress (prom THIS Saturday ... oh dear, panic).

72 hour kits: everything has been pulled out, evaluated, rotated, added to and is residing on my laundry table.

Laundry: waiting for the 72 hour kit mess to vacate so that the laundry can resume its normal prominence in the room that bears its name.

Roof (yeah, we get a new roof because of the hail damage): shingles delivered at 7:am this morning (woke Eden up, ok, it woke me up too) I guess we will spend the day listening to the melodic sound of nail guns. That should harmonize well with the hum of the sewing machine.

So now you know why I haven't been checking your blogs much. I'll see you soon.

7 response(s):

Layne said...

Prom dress?

highdeekay said...

yeah, I am making a prom dress for one of the young women (she's actually in RS now because she had a b'day in January). It required lots of adjustments (like to EVERY piece) so I was so relieved that it worked and fit in the mock up one. It will be so fun to see her looking like a princess! She is such a sweet girl and hasn't had many princess moments.

Alisha said...

You go girl!!

Charlotte said...

Those young women are lucky lucky lucky to have you.

As is Eden, as is Phil, as am I.

Laura said...

I'd love to see photos of your prom creation when it's done. I am always impressed by your varied talents, Heidi. :)

amy greenway said...

Good thing you're not bitting off more than you can chew or anything! Actually, you can probably chew it. I would immediately gag and die. Once again, I'm impressed.

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

You want to come work at my house? I need a finisher here!